The winners are announced right after school starts and it is a total surprise to everyone to see who is selected. Thankfully, most teachers give the parents a heads-up so that we can attend the breakfast.
I was there in the hallway waiting when they announced the names. Emma was so excited. Before we walked down to the cafeteria, Emma's class all gathered on the classroom reading mat. Each student raised their hand to tell why Emma deserved to be selected for the Breakfast of Champions. Yes, I teared up as I watched all of her friends priase her for being a good student and friend. :)
In the cafeteria all of the kids were served a McDonald's sausage biscuit and chocolate milk or juice. I guess that is considered a Breakfast FOR Champions!
Then each child was called up to receive a special letter written to them by their teacher and a medal. They also got to take a photo with the school mascot, Rocky the Rhino. It was such a sweet moment to share with Emma. She told me several times that she couldn't stop smiling because she was so excited. I am thankful every day that I am able to do these thing with my amazing children. I can't stop smiling either!
So proud of you, Emma. You are very special and I can understand how you were selected for the honor. Keep up the good work. We love you.
ReplyDeleteYikes! Those faces tell the story. I see one 'excited' little girl and one 'excited' mom.
ReplyDeleteI love you both,
Grandma