Today I had a bottle ready when Emma got home from school. I asked her if she would mind feeding Matthew for me. Well you would have thought I asked her if she wanted ice cream for dinner the way her face lit up. She was thrilled and ran over to the couch to get into position. It was Matthew's first time taking a bottle from anyone but me. He stared and smile at her the whole time and Emma was in heaven. She really enjoyed being able to help in such a big way and do something that nooone else had done. I am so lucky to have such amazing children. She was so careful and took her new job very seriously. I dont usually mess with bottles, but I think I may have to start doing it a little more often just for Emma. And yes, Claire is wearing pj's at 3:00 in the afternoon. My sassy girl now puts pj's on as soon as we get home. I think it is a fantastic idea:)
And let me just add, that since Matthew has joined the family, my girls have formed a whole new type of bond. They have always been great friends, but now they are best friends. They help each other, they play constantly, and they are always just as silly as can be. They just adore each other! On school days, Claire cannot wait for Emma to get off the bus and they play together until bedtime. I hope and pray that they will always be best friends. The following picture is just precious to me. I was so glad that I had my camera with me when I saw them walking this way. Claire had just fallen and scraped her leg. Emma was walking her home and the whole time she was comforting her and promising to clean her up once we got to our house. And guess what? That is exactly what she did:)
You are right. No words needed for that beautiful smile. Precious picture of Emma and Claire holding hands. I'm sure they will stay close as they grow up. Different but sisters always. Tell Emma I love my note she sent. Love to all.
ReplyDeleteYou are right...the new picture of Matthew needs no words but one does come to mind: PRECIOUS! I remember when I was young and I got to take care of John...10 years between us...but were and still are still very, very close! Your children are amazing and you and Scott are truly BLESSED!!!! I am sure you count those blessings each and every day! Love to all the Jordan-5! Aunt Jill
ReplyDelete